Wednesday 31 October 2007

Christmas badgering and ethical Christmas presents


Yes, it’s that time of year again; the adverts have started on TV and Christmas is only a matter of weeks away. This Christmas will be a little tricky for me if I’m going to keep up my ethical shopping thing (which by the way, has been going for 8 ½ weeks with only one little slip when I bought a Christmas present from Play.com). So, ethical presents. Well, really if I’m going to be spending money on stuff then I want it to really do some good which is why some of my friends will be receiving badgers for Christmas! Not real badgers of course, toy badgers from Secret World Wildlife Rescue. These adorable badger toys are free when you adopt a badger. These adoptions help pay for the care and protection of real life badgers. With the government still dragging its heels about stopping the badger culling (a reactive response to farmers complaining about bovine tuberculosis) despite all the evidence that it culling actually increases the spread of bTB, badgers need all of the help they can get.

No comments: