Monday 11 May 2009

Redemption: Charity shop fashion is not too shabby chic

On the weekend I was at Radio one’s Big Weekend in Swindon and as usual, spent a large part of last week fretting over what to wear. In everyday life my charity shop wardrobe can manage but being surrounded by people in their finery (who are hoping to be on TV) really takes me out of my comfort zone. I finally settled on a fairly respectable ensemble put together from various charity shops topped off with a Marc Jacobs t-shirt I found in Oxfam. When a brunette girl asked me where I got my t-shirt from I proudly told her it was from a charity shop. That obviously wasn’t helpful for her as she wanted to find one for herself and she was rather stunned when I showed her the label! But for me, this was acceptance and I’m proud to be a charity shop fan.

No comments: